Inversion isn’t scheduled to release until 2012, and I realize that we’re on the verge of some of the biggest releases to hit during the last quarter of 2011 but what can I say, like the gameplay footage I’ve seen for Inversion, I’m forward thinking.
Seriously though, check out the game’s highlights from Namco Bandai and the follow-up co-op trailer. I think I just found my first must-have title of 2012.
- Multiplayer Options:
- Play through the compelling story on your own or play with others in either co-op or competitive modes.
- Breakthrough Gravity-Defying Gameplay:
- Learn to maneuver and shoot in an ever-changing state of global gravity, including weightless gameplay in zero gravity.
- Control gravitational forces using your Gravlink device to either increase or decrease the amount of gravity on a given target.
- Command gravity to crush objects in your way, float enemies into range or even pick up cars to use them as mobile cover.
- Innovative Cover System:
- With bullets flying, seek cover objects in the environment or manipulate objects to create cover for yourself.
- Pervasive Environmental Destruction:
- INVERSION™has been specifically designed to allow for maximum destructibility using the “Havok Destruction” module.
- Blast through the environments, target your enemies’ cover blasting it to bits or even knock down overhead objects to crush the enemy below.