E3 2012 Staff Predictions
E3 is the biggest video game expo in the world. All of the top video game publishers from across the world such as Electronic Arts, Activision, Capcom, and more come to show off their brand new games and concepts. My favorite part of the show are the surprises. The big three (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) always have the biggest and best surprises. From last years Twisted Metal premiere, to the PlayStation 3 reveal at E3 2005, Sony always seems to offer a high amount of speculation at the event. The question now is what will Sony do at E3 2012? Here is what some of the writers here at PSNation.org think will happen.
- Announce a few exclusivity deals with Grand Theft Auto. My guess is a HD collection (III, Vice City, San Andreas) available on both PS3 and Vita, and timed exclusive DLC for GTA V. Plus, a release date of Spring 2013.
- A PS3 price drop.
- New colors for PS3 in EU and US.
- An as yet unknown exclusive from EA; Sony and them seem to be bed partners right now.
- Big focus on cross-platform integration on FIFA, Madden and NHL.
- Finally this year, could NBA Elite actually be coming?!
- A huge revamp to the PSN video store.
- The surprise that was promised for Ratchet and Clank HD collection in the US.
- A new Midnight Club (more hope than expectation).
- Upgrade in cloud storage space, plus some new additions to what a PlayStation Plus subscription will get you.
- Lots and lots of Vita stuff, no Monster Hunter though until TGS.
- A new Burnout.
- More cross-platform games similar to Motorstorm RC.
- New Killzone game of some kind will be announced.
- More characters for Battle Royale, including Solid Snake unveiled by Kojima.
- Release Date announced for the Last Guardian, and live gameplay shown in 3D.
- TONS of new Vita titles unveiled.
- Sports Champions 2 announced.
- Live demo of LBP Karting.
- ESPN app for PS3 announced, along with HBO Go and a Showtime App.
- Jak 4 officially announced.
- Live gameplay and a release date for ‘Agent’.
- GTA V will be shown.
- Jet Moto returns?
- I think we’ll see a Killzone HD Collection including Killzone 1 and Killzone: Liberation.
- I think we’ll see some big third parties on stage at Sony’s Press Event showing off (previously unannounced) games for the Vita, including big IP’s (such as Dead Space, Need for Speed, the EA Sports games, etc.).
- Dark horse: More HD Collections to the Vita following in the footsteps of the MGS HD Collection. Strong candidates would be the two God of War HD Collections since they contain only two games each.
- Infamous 3 will be announced.
- Sony Santa Monica will announce their new (hopefully) first person shooter that rumors have been talking about.
- The PlayStation Vita will get a price cut to $199.99.
- Dead Space 3 will be announced and shown.
- Metal Gear Revengence will be given a release date of Winter 2012.
- I said this before it got announced but Bioshock Infinite would be delayed.
- Call of Duty Vita will be shown and have a release date of Fall 2012. If that is shown, I will go out and buy a Vita.
- Diablo 3 will be announced for consoles! (highly unlikely but a guy can wish)
- PlayStation 3 will get a price cut to $149.99.
- Rocksteady Studios will show a teaser for their new game and it isn’t a Batman game.
- The Last of Us will be playable and given a release date of Fall 2012.
Eric R. Miller
- New game from Sucker Punch: InFAMOUS side-story that takes place during 2 with a different protagonist in a city on the east coast (similar to Washington DC) as the beast is traveling by. Possibly a Vita title.
- Killzone 4 will be announced for PlayStation 3.
- Release date for Killzone Vita.
- Call of Duty Vita: great online multiplayer on the go, but no cross-play (unfortunately).
- Bioshock Vita is NOT talked about.
- Assassins Creed side-story on the Vita.
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Nathan Drake, Nathan Hale, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank unveiled.
- New Buzz game for the PlayStation 3.
- More EA partnerships: exclusive DLC for the next Need for Speed, Medal of Honor, Dead Space 3, etc.
- NO appearance from Kevin Butler.
There will be a ton of great games shown, and I am sure a lot of surprises. We didn’t even talk about Microsoft and Nintendo, but there will be a lot of stuff coming out. Tell us in the comments and forums what you all think of our predictions and make some of your own!