OLD Forums (Archived)

** ATTENTION **

These forums are now closed for new posts and are being kept here as an archive.
Please visit and sign up for the new forums here.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favorite Book(s)
Jcutuli
PS3 Level User
Post Favorite Book(s)
on: August 1, 2013, 19:43

Hello everyone, after listening to the latest episode and hearing Josh talk about the book "Ready Player One." I thought i would start a thread on peoples favorite books or good books in general.

My favorite book and the only book i have ever read more than 3 times is "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. I first picked this book up in 2006 when i left to do trail work in Stanislaus National Forest for six months.

Below is off the panel of the book.

"My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer," the boy told the alchemist one night as they looked up at the moonless sky." Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams."

The Alchemist is the magical story of Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy who yearns to travel in search of a worldly treasure as extravagant as any ever found. From his home in Spain he journeys to the markets of Tangiers and across the Egyptian desert to a fateful encounter with the alchemist.

The story of the treasures Santiago finds along the way teaches us, as only a few stories have done, about the essential wisdom of listening to our hearts, learning to read the omens strewn along life's path, and, above all, following our dreams.

You can find this book on Amazon (use the link on this site) for $8.58 and it is a steal. For the non readers in the group they also have made this book into a graphic novel for about $17.49

This book is a short read but it's very powerful

BachJohann
PSOne Level User
Post Re: Favorite Book(s)
on: July 23, 2018, 07:52

I am extremely cheerful to find your post as it will get to be on top in my accumulation of most loved websites to visit. Solicitors in Alresford

Flaherty
PSOne Level User
on: January 14, 2020, 02:39

I love to read books especially novels and nowadays I am reading Stephen King's romantic novel. But, I have to do some work on Speech Topics because I am preparing a speech which I will present in my college and for that, I am taking help from topics mill where I can find many Speech Topics for choosing a best one. You should also try it for the best results.

KimberlyBB-
ien
PSOne Level User
on: January 16, 2020, 07:18

I like this. Thanks for the post

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.04 seconds.